How To Compete?
The Clash of Clans World Championship is back in 2022 and better than ever! Whether you’ve just reached Town Hall 14 and are looking for the next step up in competition or are a 10-year veteran in a Champion I clan, there has never been an easier way to get started on your competitive journey.
If you’re looking for more information on how your team can earn a piece of the massive $1,000,000 USD prize pool and be crowned the World Champions, then you have come to the right place. Below is all the information you need to get started and compete for glory!
You can begin your journey by competing for one of the eight (8) Golden Tickets, which will earn your team a guaranteed spot in the World Championship Finals, taking place on 23 - 25th September in Helsinki, Finland.
How are Golden Tickets awarded in 2022?
Your team has two ways to earn a Golden Ticket.
- The first path is through community-organized Golden Ticket competitions. Your team can compete in several community-organized competitions throughout the year, and the winner of each competition will earn a Golden Ticket.
There are a total of four (4) community-organized Golden Ticket competitions.
- The second path to earning a Golden Ticket is through Championship Qualifiers, which is a 5 week online tournament where teams compete in four (4) stages.
There are a total of four (4) teams earning a Golden Ticket and their spot in World Championship Finals.
Follow the News tab to keep up to date on these competitions!
The tournament will be divided into four (4) stages.
Please reference Section 4 of the Clash of Clans World Championship 2022 Ruleset for exact times.
How to Register
The leader must enroll their clan in the Clash of Clans World Championship by registering through Tournament Hub, which can be found in-game by tapping the Clash of Clans World Championship Esports button. The leader can then select 5 clanmates, including themselves, to be part of the team.
Selected players will be required to individually register in the Tournament Hub. Once all 5 players have completed registration, your team is ready to begin playing!
Please keep in mind the following:
- All players must be at least 16 years or older and be Town Hall 14
- The leader must select a team captain, who will then be responsible for tournament and match check-in
- Once all 5 players are registered, the team captain must LOCK the team to finalize the roster. Once a team is locked, players can leave and re-join without registering again
- If a player registers, and then clan hops without the team being LOCKED, they must re-join the clan and the leader must select them again
Championship Qualifiers Stages
Please reference section 3 of the Clash of Clans World Championship 2022 Rulebook for more details.
- Stage 1: Ladder (10 - 20 August): Teams compete in a ladder and gain or lose ladder rank based on winning or losing matches. Teams will be able to play up to 6 matches within any 24 hour period. Once the ladder play period ends, the top 64 teams advance to stage 2.
- Stage 2: Double Elimination (27 August): 64 teams will face off against each other in a double elimination competition, where teams are eliminated after losing two (2) matches. The 16 teams remaining in the competition will advance to stage 3.
- Stage 3: Swiss (3 September): 16 teams will play in 5 rounds, and teams that win three (3) matches will advance to Stage 4. Teams are eliminated after three (3) losses. The top 8 teams will advance to Stage 4.
- Stage 4: Double Elimination (10 September): 8 teams will compete in another double elimination bracket. The top 4 teams will earn a Golden Ticket and place on the World Finals mainstage!
Clash of Clans World Championship Finals
Mark your calendars, as the World Championship Finals will take place on 23 - 25 September, with eight of the best teams battling it out to be crowned the World Champion in a double elimination tournament.
Rules and Fair Play
Competitive integrity is a core value and our top priority is to ensure the competition is fair, respectful, and inclusive of all players.
Before participating in the tournament, we ask that you read the official Clash of Clans World Championship Rulebook. This rulebook will contain much more information about the program and provides guidelines we will use to enforce competitive integrity within Clash of Clans World Championship.
All participants are subject to Supercell Fair Play Policy and Terms of Service, so whether it’s in a Tweet, in your DMs, or in-game, we want to make sure all Clash of Clans spaces are safe and fair for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started?
Getting started is easy!
Any player who is Town Hall 14 is eligible to participate.
- In order to participate, the Clan Leader must enroll their clan into the tournament through the in-app Tournament Hub.
- Once the leader registers their team, they will select the 5 players in the Clan who will represent the clan in Clash of Clans World Championship.
- Selected players will be able to register through the in-app Tournament Hub.
- After all 5 players have completed registration, the leader must finalize their team lineup by locking their team.
What is the Tournament Hub?
The Tournament Hub is an in-app competition platform where players can register and compete in the competition, as well as view critical tournament information and leaderboards.
The Tournament Hub will be available in Clash of Clans on 3 August.
Am I eligible to compete in the tournament?
You are eligible to compete if you meet these requirements:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Town Hall 14
- Your account is in good standing
How do I play the match and report the match result?
When a match is created, a War will automatically be initiated between the two clans. After the War is completed, the results of the War will automatically be recorded.
If your team experiences any issues during your match, please contact Tournament Administrators through Discord.
What information should I be aware of before playing a match?
All members of the team must be online and a part of the Clan their team is affiliated with before their match begins. In addition, players may not be a part of an active Clan or Friendly War that overlaps the tournament match War.
If any player is a part of an active Clan or Friendly War, or is not a part of the Clan when the Tournament match is scheduled to begin, their team will automatically be given the loss for the match.
Additionally, for all Tournament matches after the Ladder stage, only the 5 players that are a part of the team can be a part of the Clan. All other clanmates must leave the clan, and can return after the competition for the day has concluded. This is done to ensure tournament integrity.
What measures are taken to ensure fair play?
Throughout the competition, Tournament Administrators will be working to support teams and ensure that the official Clash of Clans World Championship rules are upheld. In addition, players must abide by the Supercell Terms of Service and Fair Play rules.
There will be an ongoing review of accounts throughout the competition.
How do I advance and qualify for the World Championship Finals?
During Championship Qualifiers, teams advance to the next stage by placing high enough in the current stage of competition.
For example, the top 64 teams during the Stage 1 Ladder will advance to the Stage 2 Double Elimination stage of the competition.
After all four stages are completed, four teams will be awarded a Golden Ticket, qualifying them for the World Championship Finals!
Additionally, 4 teams will earn Golden Tickets through specific community-organized tournaments.
If I win, how do I travel to the World Championship Finals ?
All qualifying teams must be physically present at World Finals in order to compete.
It is important that you are eligible to travel internationally and have the documentation required for you to travel to Helsinki, Finland, such as, but not limited to:
- Passport (must not expire within 3 months of your travel)
- Photo ID
- VISA if applicable (Click here to see if you require a VISA)
All qualifying teams will have their travel expenses covered. More information will be provided closer to the event. .
Where can I find the official Clash of Clans World Championship rules?
The OFFICIAL RULES contains critical information such as eligibility requirements, tournament information and scheduling.
Please read the rules before participating in the Clash of Clans World Championship.
I still have a question. How can I contact support?
Players may contact tournament administrators by emailing Clashofclans_admin@ee.gg.
Once a player registers through the Tournament Hub, they will have access to the official Clash of Clans World Championship Discord server.
- In the Discord, players can submit tickets for support.
- For issues requiring immediate assistance, such as a match issue, please submit a ticket through Discord.
Please note that tournament administrators cannot assist with inquiries not related to the tournament, such as in-app purchases or account issues.